If you are studying in high school and not planning for college education, then most probably the question that is appearing in your mind is, ‘what to do after high school graduation without college?’
There are several cool things that you can actually do after graduating high school, even if you are not willing to go for a college degree.
Here are top 10 things to do after high school:
- Learn things from YouTube for free
- Go for certification on learning something online
- Learn some skills that interest you
- Start an online business
- Create a blog website
- Work as an intern
- Teach something on YouTube
- Create a course and sell online
- Learn social media marketing
- Teach language or skill online
Top 10 Things to do after high school: what to do after I graduate high school?
1. Learn things from YouTube for free
Without question, YouTube is a great and free resource for learning things. From cooking special dishes to computer programming, you can learn numerous things.
There are many tutorials available on YouTube, where you can gain knowledge for free of cost.
2. Go for certification on learning something online
Online certifications can be a wise choice. There are several online learning platforms available over the internet with numerous courses to help you in this.
Some of the popular online learning platforms are:
According to my experience, courses in Udemy are affordable and provide a lot of extra benefits, such as:
- Certification after completing the course
- 30 days no question ask money back guarantee
- Doubt clearance facility from instructor and other students
- All the courses are for life-time, along with all the updates for free
Going for certification and learning some skills or others stuff will make you work ready for future professional work.
You need only an average performing computer system with internet service. You can just take a course and learn the stuff just by sitting at your home in your convenient time.
Some of the certifications you can do are:
- Web designing and development
- App development
- Digital Marketing
- Graphic design
- Business Analytics
- Affiliate marketing
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
3. Learn some skills that interest you
Another option can be learning some skills off-line, either by working part-time with a professional or by paying money.
Learning the skill will help you for your future job or professional work.
You can learn:
- Air conditioning mechanics
- Refrigeration mechanics
- Building structure cleaners
- Concrete placers, concrete finishers and related workers
- Floor layers and tile setters
- House builders
- Insulation workers
- Painters and related workers
- Plumbers and pipe fitters
- Spray painters and varnishers
- Stonemasons, stone cutters, splitters and carvers
- Electrical and electronic trades workers
- Building and related electricians
- Electrical line installers and repairers
- Butchers, fishmongers and related food preparers
- Dairy-products makers
- Fruit, vegetable and related preservers
- Garment and related pattern-makers and cutters
- Sewing, embroidery and related workers
- Shoemakers and related workers
- Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and hatters
- Handicraft and printing workers
- Glass makers, cutters, grinders and finishers
- Jewellery and precious-metal workers
- Musical instrument makers and tuners
- Potters and related workers
- Bicycle and related repairers
- Blacksmiths, hammer smiths and forging press workers
- Welders and flame cutters
4. Start an online business
Starting an online business can be another smart choice. As the technologies are developing rapidly, online business is growing day by day. Due to the common availability of smartphones and laptops, having a digital gadget is no more tough, which makes businesses grow using online facilities.
There are varieties of types of businesses that you can start online, just by sitting at your comfort zone. What you need to do is to learn about the business and go through some thorough research.
Some of the online businesses you can do are:
- Affiliate marketing: It is all about promoting others products or services and once sold, you get commission.
- Drop Shipping: It is the process where you promote the products but you don’t need to stock them, products are shipped directly to your customers from a third-party supplier or vendor.
- start an online store: You can create an e-commerce online store and sell from your home.
- conduct online classes: If you are skilled in something like music or dance etc, you can teach even online.
- freelance writing: If you love to write, then writing for others on freelancing sites can be amazing.
- virtual assistance: You can also help someone by managing the business social media sites or websites online and get paid.
5. Create a blog website
If you are passionate about sharing your knowledge and ideas with the world and earn money from that. Blogging can be a great option, where you can write about the things you are expert in or you have sufficient knowledge on, monetize the articles through advertisements, affiliate links and earn money online just by working from anywhere.
For writing a blog, you just need a computer system with an internet connection that’s all. You are free from any location restriction, work from anywhere at any time suits you.
There are many YouTube channels, where you can learn about blogging. If you ask me what is my favourite YouTube channel, I would recommend you Income school. It is just an amazing channel with honest and precious stuff offered for free.
6. Work as an intern
You can also work as an intern in an organization and can learn and earn together at the same time.
There are many websites that provide information about internships, one of my best is internshala.
You might be paid very less during the internship but it is a great place as you learn the work at the industry level, which prepares you for the future job without college education or degree.
7. Teach something on YouTube
If you are skilled in a certain field or have some knowledge on a topic, then you can even teach other people on YouTube and earn through the monetization process.
In case you are ready yet, you can spend some time and gain knowledge on a topic that you are passionate about and then start teaching on YouTube.
This can even become a source of passive income for a long time ahead.
8. Create a course and sell online
While you are still studying in high school learn some skills and after graduating from the school, create a video recorded course and then start selling them. But remember in order to sell online, you need to learn digital marketing, you can easily gain basic knowledge on digital marketing or social media marketing within a few weeks, just take a course from Udemy.com, or learn from YouTube tutorials.
9. Learn social media marketing
We love social media, there are millions of people around the world who spend hours of time individually per day over social media like facebook, Twitter, instagram etc.
Think how awesome it can be, if you learn to do marketing through this powerful medium, and reach millions of people with your products or services and start earning from home.
10. Teach language or skill online
If you are a native english speaker then you can english online. There are many people around the world who want to learn the native english accent, so you can help them by teaching and also earn money online.
If you know some music instruments, you can start teaching that online too.
Remember there must be something you know that you can teach others, so take advantage of that.
If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to write in comment section below. I will try my best to reply as soon as possible.
Dennis Ritchie developed the C programming language at Bell Labs in 1972-1973. C programming language is mainly used in system programming. It is implemented in operating systems and embedded system...Read More
TABLE OF CONTENTS Free best Java programming or coding tutorials, courses, training & certifications online for Beginners Udemy.com Java Programming Basics https://www.udemy.com/course/java-programming-basics/ Java Tutorial for Complete Beginners https://www.udemy.com/course/java-tutorial/ Object Oriented...Read More
TABLE OF CONTENTS 21 Best Free Python courses & tutorials Online 2020-(Real Report) Udemy.com Master Data Analysis with Python – Intro to Pandas https://www.udemy.com/course/master-data-analysis-with-python-intro-to-pandas/ Learn Python from Scratch https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-python-from-scratch-m/ Introduction...Read More
TABLE OF CONTENTS 10 Best Free Digital Marketing Courses with REAL Certificates Online Google Digital Garage https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/course/digital-marketing Fundamentals of digital marketing from Google Semrush Academy https://www.semrush.com/academy/courses?spec=ALL&lang=en-US Free...Read More
Free online courses are always attractive and especially if they come with printable certificate. So, if you are interested in free online courses with printable certificate than this article is...Read More
Soft skills are often considered as the collection of interpersonal and communication skills that are essential for existing and growing in career. It helps to communicate with others, perform excellently...Read More
Software Engineering is a in-demand and highly paid profession with financial security and promising future. The most important fact is that, there are much more software engineer job vacancies available...Read More
Job opportunities of database administrator are constantly growing, and this will continue in the near future. DBA positions provide high salaries with positive huge opportunity of expansion. If you are...Read More
The process of understanding and analyzing the need of user, designing, constructing and testing of application, is the Software engineering. Software engineering is accomplished by using various programming languages with...Read More