The process of understanding and analyzing the need of user, designing, constructing and testing of application, is the Software engineering.
Software engineering is accomplished by using various programming languages with the application of engineering approaches and principles.
Software Engineer is the person, who is skilled in software engineering.
There is huge development took place in Indian IT market in last few years. Now it is quite easier for companies to find the developer even with English proficiency.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Software engineer salary:
- Salary by experience level for software engineer:
- Factors that affect the software engineer’s salary in India:
- Skills that affect the salary of software engineer:
- Software engineer related job with salary:
- Gender difference in software engineering job in India:
- Software engineer’s salary in freelancing:
- List of some popular employers for software engineer:
- Six specialties of software engineers:
- How to learn Software engineering:
- Best courses for becoming software engineer:
1. Software engineer salary:
- Salary of the entry level of software engineer is around 20,000 to 25,000 per month.
- An experienced and skilled software engineer can earn up to 1 lakh or more per month.
- Experience in working with reputed and big company can make able to get comparatively higher salary.
- You can expect better salary with possessing better knowledge and skills.
2. Salary by experience level for software engineer:
- If you possess experience up to 1 year than salary be around 3,80,000 to 4,00,000 annually in India.
- Experience level from 1 year to 4 years can pay you around 5,00,000 annually.
- Having experience from 5 to 9 years can make your salary around 8,80,000 annually.
3. Factors that affect the software engineer’s salary in India:
- Job location: Bigger cities pay higher salary than the smaller cities.
- Skills: salary is determined by the skill set, higher the level of skill you hold, higher the salary you can expect.
- Level of experience: The salary of a software engineer grows with the level of experience in software engineering.
- Size of the company: Bigger and branded company basically pays better than the small companies.
4. Skills that affect the salary of software engineer:
- Java is very popular programming language for software development.
- SQL and C# programming languages are paid comparatively less salary.
5. Software engineer related job with salary:
- Senior software engineer: They are paid high salary with around average ₹900000 per year. This salary can differ according the city and location. In some of the cities salary can even be higher.
- Software engineer: The average salary of software engineer is around ₹517126 per year according to payscale.
- Associate software enginner: The average salary of associate software engineer is around ₹ 4,07,521/yr according to glassdoor.
- Java developer: According to payscale, the average salaryfor a Java Software Developer / Programmer in India is ₹536708.
6. Gender difference in software engineering job in India:
There is huge gender gap found in India. In ratio female are very less in this industry compare to male. Around 85% of software engineer in India are male and 15% female.
So, if you are a female and want to become a software engineer in India, then there is a great hope for you. Software engineering can be a smart career choice for you.
7. Software engineer’s salary in freelancing:
If you are a software engineer and working as a freelancer, then your salary is not fixed. You can charge with hourly rate also. You can charge $20 to $80 per hour depending on your experience level.
You can sit at your comfort zone and work for people. There is no boundary for providing your service; whole world becomes your target zone.
You can work as per your own scheduled time but obviously you need to provide service to the customer on time.
It is required that you have good internet service and power backup.
8. List of some popular employers for software engineer:
There are many companies to work with as a software engineer in India. The all the company don’t pay same range of salary. Here is a list of some of the popular employers for software engineer along with their salary.
- Tata consultancy services limited
- InfoSis limited
- Techmahindra Ltd.
- Cisco systems Inc
- HCL technologies Ltd.
9. Six specialties of software engineers:
According to the examination done in the LinkedIn profiles of many software engineers, most engineers fit into six areas.
- Front-End Engineers
- Embedded and Application Engineers
- Infrastructure and Cloud Computing Engineers
- Machine Learning and Data Science Engineers
- Mobile Engineers
- Test and Quality Assurance Engineers
10. How to learn Software engineering:
With the blessing of this modern age of technology, it is very easy now to learn any skill you want that can be learnt through online.
There are many pre-recorded courses on software engineering are available on online learning platforms.
There are even many online courses available for enrolling and learning through on a scheduled time regularly for a certain period of time.
Pre-recorded courses are much cheaper way to learn software engineering.
Online learning is very much affordable compared to university courses. So, if you are willing to learn software engineering at lowest cost go for online courses.
11. Best courses for becoming software engineer:
There are many courses available on different learning platforms. You can even learn some basics from YouTube videos. But jumping to different courses and platforms will surely waste your lot of precious time.
Also if you follow a low quality course, still you waste your time. Solution is finding best course on software engineering, where you will get a quality learning experience with support and help from instructor and at the end of the course a certificate to showcase.
It is difficult to give one line answer for this question, what is the salary of software engineer in India. Salary of a software engineer depends on many different factors.
Let us quickly review the takeaways from this article:
- Software engineering is a smart career option with promising future.
- Salary of a software engineer depends on the city in India, some metro cities pays high salary whereas smaller cities pay less salary.
- Popular and bigger companies pay better salary compare to other companies.
- Level of your skill sets define your salary, so first focus on your skill sets.
- Your experience is a big matter for the salary.
- Junior software engineer earn pretty less salary but with experience and seniority your salary will increase.
- There are very less female are presently in this profession, so if you are a female, surely becoming a software engineer can be a smart choice.
- Learning software engineering through online learning platform is very cheaper and affordable.
- Go for a bestselling or highly positively rated course, so that you won’t regret of your time wasting.
If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to write in comment section below. I will try my best to answer you as soon as possible.
Dennis Ritchie developed the C programming language at Bell Labs in 1972-1973. C programming language is mainly used in system programming. It is implemented in operating systems and embedded system...Read More
TABLE OF CONTENTS Free best Java programming or coding tutorials, courses, training & certifications online for Beginners Udemy.com Java Programming Basics https://www.udemy.com/course/java-programming-basics/ Java Tutorial for Complete Beginners https://www.udemy.com/course/java-tutorial/ Object Oriented...Read More
TABLE OF CONTENTS 21 Best Free Python courses & tutorials Online 2020-(Real Report) Udemy.com Master Data Analysis with Python – Intro to Pandas https://www.udemy.com/course/master-data-analysis-with-python-intro-to-pandas/ Learn Python from Scratch https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-python-from-scratch-m/ Introduction...Read More
TABLE OF CONTENTS 10 Best Free Digital Marketing Courses with REAL Certificates Online Google Digital Garage https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/course/digital-marketing Fundamentals of digital marketing from Google Semrush Academy https://www.semrush.com/academy/courses?spec=ALL&lang=en-US Free...Read More
Free online courses are always attractive and especially if they come with printable certificate. So, if you are interested in free online courses with printable certificate than this article is...Read More
Soft skills are often considered as the collection of interpersonal and communication skills that are essential for existing and growing in career. It helps to communicate with others, perform excellently...Read More
Software Engineering is a in-demand and highly paid profession with financial security and promising future. The most important fact is that, there are much more software engineer job vacancies available...Read More
Job opportunities of database administrator are constantly growing, and this will continue in the near future. DBA positions provide high salaries with positive huge opportunity of expansion. If you are...Read More
The process of understanding and analyzing the need of user, designing, constructing and testing of application, is the Software engineering. Software engineering is accomplished by using various programming languages with...Read More